Unique to Teaching Showcase is the ability to learn from award-winning faculty in an online, time-limited, asynchronous environment. In this context, asynchronous interactions provide a forum for professional exchange not limited by the traditional conference confines of time, location or funding. As such, Teaching Showcase attendees and presenters have the flexibility to login to the conference showcase at their own convenience, download or archive select presentations, and view presentations with respect to specific interests.
The goals of the Teaching Showcase are:
- To enhance the quality of instruction through the dissemination of effective teaching strategies.
- To encourage scholarly dialogue about best practices in online instruction and assessment among faculty in both traditional and non-traditional classrooms
- To increase awareness of the range and diversity of innovative instructional and assessment strategies available in the classroom.
- November 15 nomination deadline
- December 1 notification deadline
- December 8 acceptance/decline deadline
- January 5 presentation deadline
- Conference – starts January 17 (ends February 4)