The GCU Center for Innovation in Research and Teaching (CIRT) would like to invite you to attend the 2nd Annual Online Teaching Showcase (OTS). OTS is an asynchronous, online forum for the scholarly exchange of best practices in virtual education. The 2012 OTS features seven experienced GCU online faculty sharing strategies that optimize critical thinking in the online classroom.
The 2012 Online Teaching Showcase featured presentations are:
• Adult Learning and Critical Thinking - Cristie McClendon
• Building Collaboration and Relationships Through Discussion Forums - Laura Sharp
• Critical Thinking in CLCs - Laura Pipoly
• Discussions: More Than An Assignment - Danan Myers
• Enhancing Critical Thinking in the Non-traditional, Distance Education Student - Cheryl Patton
• Fostering Critical Thinking in Asynchronous Discussions - Shelley Evans
• Using Skype to Foster Critical Thinking - Joe Popma
Unlike traditional conferences which are confined by time, location or funding, OTS is an online, asynchronous event … you may view the featured presentations at your own convenience, download or archive select presentations, and select presentations with respect to specific interests. In addition, OTS presenters will be available for the month of May to monitor the comment blog and respond to questions.
We look forward to "seeing" you at the Online Teaching Showcase!