|The THINK program is designed specifically for faculty who are interested in researching aspects of teaching and learning and would like to further develop their ideas. THINK is an 8-week series of modules designed to assist faculty in developing SoTL projects. The deliverable completed within each module receives expert feedback and directly contribute to the development of a SoTL study.|
How do you know if THINK is right for you?
If you are already have an existing data set and would like assistance writing up the results for publication, you should consider enrolling in the INK program instead. To really consider whether THINK is right for you, reflect on the statements below and ask yourself to rate your reaction . If you agree or strongly agree with most of the items, then THINK is right for you!
- I have a question or challenge related to effective teaching and/or learning.
- I am interested in conducting research that could improve the effectiveness of my teaching or the quality of student learning.
- I have an idea of how I could change my instruction, assignments, or curriculum to impact student learning.
- I am interested in exploring how my instructional practices impact student learning, satisfaction, engagement or retention.
- I am interested in examining how different types of pedagogy impact learning outcomes.
- I would like to conduct research that could ultimately improve my teaching.
- I believe that teaching styles impact student learning and I am interested in learning more.
|The INK program is a 10-week program intended to provide structure and support to help you move the the ideas in your head into publications on your vita. Participation in the INK program assumes your research is complete, the data has been analyzed, and that you have drawn conclusions from that data that you would like to share with academic community. If you have just completed research and do not know how to begin the publication process, or if you have recently done a research poster session or given a presentation and would like to take your findings to the next level, you may find the INK program a valuable tool to assist you in reaching your publication goals. INK will help you overcome your fears of the writing process and will help you avoid the pitfalls that keep many faculty from getting their results published.|
How do you know if INK is right for you?
- My SoTL research is complete
- I am ready to share my SoTL research with the academic community
- My SoTL data is analyzed
- I would like help with the writing process
- I would like help avoiding the pitfalls that keep many faculty from getting their results published.
|In the midst of phone calls, emails, errands, classes… life in general, it can be daunting to find a block of time to get your research in. CIRT would like to try to support you by scheduling some dedicated research time and space. Retreats will take place on the main campus, but you are also able to take part virtually! During this time CIRT researchers will be available via phone and chat to answer your research questions. We will create a virtual venue where you can interact with the other researchers taking part in the retreat. Even if you do not want to share your work and ask questions, it is a time that is set aside for research purposes. Sign up and we will send you a care package to help you through your research retreat!||Increase collaboration with other full-time ground and online faculty across discipline. Gain exposure to current trends and research. Develop and improve upon instructional practices. Increase understanding of research methodologies. Broaden understanding of qualitative and quantitative methods . Identify research partners|