The Center for Innovation in Research and Teaching is pleased to announce the call for papers for the 3rd Annual Online Teaching Showcase. The Online Teaching Showcase (OTS) provides a forum for the scholarly exchange of best practices in virtual education. Designed to foster instructional effectiveness, OTS features experienced online faculty sharing strategies that optimize learning and engagement in the online classroom. Unique to OTS is the online, time-limited, asynchronous nature of interactions that provide a forum for professional exchange not limited by the traditional conference confines of time, location or funding. As such, OTS attendees and presenters have the flexibility to login to the conference at their own convenience, the ability to download or archive select presentations, and the opportunity to view presentations with respect to specific interests.
The goals of the Online Teaching Showcase are:
- To enhance the quality of online instruction through the dissemination of effective teaching strategies.
- To encourage scholarly dialogue about best practices in online instruction and assessment among faculty teaching online.
- To increase awareness of the range and diversity of innovative instructional and assessment strategies available in the online classroom.
Each OTS will focus on a different topic relevant to effective online instruction. The theme for the 2013 OTS is CLASSROOM ASSESSMENT TECHNIQUES. As such, presentations will all focus on issues relevant to the integration of classroom assessment techniques in the online environment. For example, topics might include:
- Specific classroom activities and/or instructional behaviors that benefit from CATS
- Integrating CATS to enhance discussions
- Using technology to implement CATS
- Integrating CATS that promote enhanced learning
- Utilizing CATS feedback to enhance critical thinking and content knowledge
- Theories underlying CATS and their role in the online classroom
- Unique perspectives on CATS for specific student populations (i.e., adult, international, military, transfer, non-traditional, etc.)
- The role of CATS in online education
- Literature reviews of CATS in specific disciplines
We would like to invite you to submit your proposal presentation to submit at the 3rd Annual OTS conference.
Click HERE for more information