Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) is "problem posing about an issue of teaching or learning, study of the problem through methods appropriate to the disciplinary epistemologies, applications of results to practice, communication of results, self-reflection, and peer review" (Cambridge, 2001).
If you are interested in collaborating on SoTL research, have an idea about SoTL research for which you would like feedback or are seeking students to assist you with SoTL work, you are invited to join the SoTL Research Circle.
Current projects for which we are accepting new members to the SoTL research circle are as follows:
- Flipped Classroom - What is the impact of the flipped classroom at the post-secondary level?
Rapid advances in educational and communicative technology have created a host of opportunities and advancements in online learning. From the impact of Web 2.0 applications to the role of student engagement to challenges related to graduate education, research opportunities abound to investigate the complexities of virtual education.
If you are interested in collaborating on Online Learning research, have an idea about Online Learning research for which you would like feedback or are seeking students to assist you with your work, you are invited to join the Online Learning Research Circle.
Current projects for which we are accepting new members to the Online Learning research circle are as follows:
- Academic Community - Do online adjunct faculty feel like they are a part of the larger academic, institutional community? What activities, programs or strategies will foster increased engagement in the academic community?
- Faculty Perceptions of Academic Support - Do the online faculty perceive value in institutional support services? Does faculty usage data correlate with faculty perceptions of value?
- Impact of Longevity on Quality - Is there a correlation between longevity and quality of online instruction? What factors co-vary with longevity of online adjunct teaching?
- Effectiveness of Online Faculty Development - What is the impact of specific faculty development initiatives on performance of online faculty? To what extent does faculty development translate into instructional behavior change?